- 88 percent of Americans eat Turkey, it probably got higher over a few years.
- There are places in America with small towns, that are name after Turkey side dishes. There is also a town name Turkey, not the country Turkey-Yum!
- Thanksgiving is more popular of a holiday to eat Turkey, obviously.
- Turkey was the first meal enjoyed by Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin when they were on the moon.
- The first American Thanksgiving was celebrated in 1621, to commemorate the harvest reaped by the Plymouth Colony after a harsh winter.
- The U.S. grew 2.6 billion pounds (1.18 billion kilograms) of sweet potatoes—many in North Carolina, Mississippi, California, and Louisiana—and produced more than 1.2 billion pounds (544 million kilograms) of pumpkins. Illinois, California, Pennsylvania, and Ohio grow the most U.S. pumpkins.
- If you overeat at Thanksgiving dinner, there's a price to be paid for all this plenty: the Thanksgiving "food coma."
- One 12-oz. beer, one 5-oz. glass of wine and one 1.5 oz. shot of liquor have the same amount of alcohol
- Women absorb alcohol into the bloodstream faster and metabolize it slower than men.
- Women who drink regularly are at significantly greater risk for liver damage than men even if they drink less or drink for a shorter period of time.
- Moderate use (2-3 drinks) can results a loss of motor coordination for up to 12 to 18 hours after drinking.4
- Moderate use (2-3 drinks) can also result in depleted aerobic capacity and negative impact on endurance for up to 48 hours after the last drink has been consumed
- One third of suicides are associated with alcohol misuse
Thanksgiving is tomorrow, I might forget to blog about it tomorrow. But I secretly love thanksgiving even-though I can't eat turkey, I like the idea of the Holiday, giving thanks and eating. Two things I am very good at. I hate how all my family Thanksgiving has gone, for as long as I can remember, so I kinda hate Thanksgiving. Plus getting up early to cook, is that wrong? Well, Happy Thanksgiving! Ithink I love you all XD enjoy your turkey, you cranberry, your pasta salad, cornbread, mash potato, fruit salad, and drinks, whatever it maybe. Have fun. Enjoy your family, your friends, your sibling and yourself. Enjoy life, but not too much-Don't drink and Drive. Better yet, Don't Drink at All!